Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Left Behind Spoiler Post!

SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS@@@ SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!SPOILERS!!! SPOILERS!!!

       Quick little spoiler post here. So... I guess Ellie is a lesbian. I'm really conservative about most issues and I believe that homosexuality is morally wrong per the teachings of the Bible. Of coures, I also adhere to Christ's strong commands to love everyone and not judge. So of course I still love Ellie as a character, but I'm also a little upset that what I view as a negative thing is portrayed as one of the only positive things in Ellie's life. I also feel like it kind of takes away from the great hours I spent with Riley in the mall. That felt like such an innocent playtime between two young girls, but the scene in the department store at the end soured that for me a bit (still very enjoyable though. Got a vibe of realism from their conversations and behaviors that I recognize from seeing teenage girls talk and run around malls).
       Ellie still comes off as quite the innocent character, and she's still great. And I still loved this DLC. I just wish Ellie and Riley were friends only. Hopefully I don't draw too much ire for this opinion. It's also a bit weird that this is revealed as a sneak attack in DLC months after the game came out. Very similar to what we learned about a certain character in a certain series of books after they were all published... It seems like nowadays we have to always think about sexuality as a possibilty when two people of the same gender are good friends, which to me is weird. Obviously some people of the same gender become attracted to each other, but there are also really strong, intimate friendships between people of the same gender that don't have any sexual undertone. I hope that kind of friendship can still be portrayed in fiction without people getting the wrong idea or making assumptions. I'm sure it can, I'm just throwing this idea out there. Thank you for listening, please don't send me hate mail :) Of course non-hate mail disagreeing with me is fine :)
      The combat situation I was talking about in the review is the handful of times there are infected and hunters running around in the same area. Throwing bottles at the hunters to make infected attack them is great, as is getting snuck up on by infected while hiding from hunters. Having both after you at once is quite frightening and also opens up room for some interesting tactics, and as far as I remember, there wasn't a scenario like this in the main game.
       I wonder what Naughty Dog is working on now... Hopefully something good.



No comments:

Post a Comment